Culture, ethics and sustainability
We explore the relationship between culture, nature and ideology, and its change over time in various cultural and social contexts. We also study cultural innovation for a sustainable future.
About the group
This research group explores several research areas:
- Environmental philosophy and ethics
- Social and ethical aspects of sustainable modernity
- Sustainability of the Nordic Model
- Green Democracy
- Nature and ideology
- Cultural innovation for a sustainable future.
- The relation between nature, culture and identity
- The role of civil society in authoritarian countries
The research group also flags The Arne Næss Programme on Global Justice and the Environment involving the annual Arne Næss Symposium, and three recipients of the Arne Næss stipend who work on a joint research project.