- Culture, ethics and sustainability
- Food and Sustainability
- Global Health Politics
- Governance for Sustainable Development
- Poverty Reduction and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Rural transformations
- Sustainable consumption and energy equity
- The Politics of Nordic Generosity
Find Research Projects.
Research areas, networks and centres
SUM offers doctoral courses and an interdiciplinary Research School.
Find a researcher
Search for name or research topic keywords
The course is interdisciplinary and will address the relationship between food production, food consumption and pandemics in an environmental perspective. Application deadline: March 15
The grant comes from the NORHED programme at Norad.
We congratulate the five SUM students and wish them luck with this exciting opportunity.
Kaja Elise Gresko, Bjørn Leif Brauteseth and Tyler Barrott will strengthen SUM's international research.
We offer paid stipends for master students.
Blogs at SUM
- Katerini Tagmatarchi Storeng and Antoine de Bengy Puyvallée: How Big Tech and public health authorities partner in the digital response to Covid-19 Feb. 23, 2021 1:33 PM
- Alexander Dunlap and Andrea Brock: When the wolf guards the sheep: confronting the industrial machine through green extractivism in Germany and Mexico Feb. 19, 2021 10:36 AM