The Oslo SDG Initiative
In order to address and contribute to the 2030 Agenda, the Centre for Development and the Environment has established the Oslo SDG Initiative, directed by Professor Dan Banik.
In addition to meeting the demand for SDG-related education, the Oslo SDG Initiative will play a key role in informing policymaking through evidence-based research, as well as facilitating cross-sectoral dialogue and partnerships for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. Thus, the Oslo SDG Initiative will serve as a hub for education, research, outreach and dissemination related to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- CSR in the Sustainable Development Goal Era
- Strengthening Capacity for Democratic and Economic Governance in Malawi
- The Business-Peace Agenda in Practice
Read more about our research priorities here.
Academic programmes and courses
The Oslo SDG Initiative will provide students with knowledge, skills and motivation that will mobilize commitment and action towards the SDGs. Key outputs will include:
- Free Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on SDG-related issues for a global audience
- MOOC on What Works? Promising Practices in International Development (offered since 2015)
- New academic courses and modules explicitly linked to national SDG implementation