About the course
What Works offers a range of perspectives and examples of development projects and programs that are making a difference in the lives of people living in poverty. It identifies a set of factors that have helped development policies achieve greater impact on the ground. What Works was offered in 2015 as Norway's first international Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). The MOOC – blended with a regular teaching module at the University of Oslo in 2015, 2017 and 2018 – has attracted over 12000 students in 150 countries.
We are pleased to offer a revised and updated version of this free and open online course.
Welcome to What Works
The Oslo SDG Initiative blog
- Covid as critical juncture Apr. 3, 2020
- Sustainable development in Malawi Mar. 6, 2020
- The many faces of the COVID-19 epidemic response Mar. 3, 2020
- Living within limits Feb. 18, 2020
- The coronavirus: State capacity and crisis response in China Jan. 28, 2020