Call for Applications: Three Arne Næss stipends in 2019
Are you a master's student interested in the philosophical, ethical and legal dimensions of environmental challenges of our time? Apply for stipend by 7 January 2019.
We have the pleasure to announce three Arne Næss stipends for master's students who work on philosophical, ethical and legal dimensions of socio-environmental challenges of our time.
The stipends, and the associated duties, will start from 1 February 2019. The stipends are of NOK 3000 per month, and will last until December 2019 (excl. July).
The Arne Næss stipends are part of the Arne Næss Programme on Global Justice and the Environment, and are designed to animate the humanist research on the environment and development at the Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM).
What do we expect from the applicants?
- The candidates must be master's students at the University of Oslo and have good knowledge of English;
- They will constitute a research group at SUM and meet regularly at the Arne Næss colloquia. The latter include presentations of one’s own work, critical engagement with the work of SUM colleagues, and discussions of assigned readings;
- The grant-holders will assist in organizing the annual Arne Næss Symposium;
- They are encouraged to take the course on Environmental Humanities (SUM4030) at SUM;
- They are invited to be part of the advisory group of the Arne Næss Programme and attend its meetings.
Applications should include
- 2 pages’ master's thesis project outline, including a short description of research topic and main objectives;
- 1 page CV;
- Transcript of records;
- Brief description (not more than one page) of your motivation to join the Arne Næss research group.
Application deadline: 7 January 2019
A list of successful candidates will be announced by 14 January.
Any inquiries should be sent to Knut Myrum Næss: email@example.com