Call for Applications: Three Arne Næss stipends in 2022
Apply for a master student stipend! Application deadline 4 March 2022.
The Arne Næss Programme at Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM), University of Oslo, has the pleasure to announce three Arne Næss stipends for master students who work on philosophical, ethical and legal dimensions of socio-environmental challenges of our time.
In 2022, SUM will award three stipends which amount to NOK 3000 per month: two for first year students in the period 15 March-15 June and from 15 August – 15 October (6 months), and one for a 2nd year student, in the period 15 March- 5 June. The Arne Næss stipends stipulate the attachment for the Center for Development and the Environment in the stipend period.
The stipends are part of the, and are designed to animate the humanist research on the environment and development at SUM.
The application deadline is 4 march 2022 at 12pm. A list of successful candidates will be announced by 10 March. Recipients of the AN stipend will be given access to a termina at SUM.
A list of successful candidates will be announced by 10 March. Recipients of the AN stipend will be given access to a termina at SUM.
What do we expect from the applicants?
- The candidates must be master students at the University of Oslo and have excellent knowledge of English;
- They will constitute a research group at SUM and meet regularly at the Arne Næss colloquia. The latter include presentations of one’s own work, critical engagement with the work of SUM colleagues, and discussions of assigned readings;
- The grant-holders will assist in organizing the annual Arne Næss Symposium;
- They are invited to be part of the advisory group of the Arne Næss Programme and attend its meetings.
Your applications should include:
- 2 pages’ master thesis project outline, including short description of research topic and main objectives;
- 1 page CV;
- Transcript of records;
- Brief description (no more than one page) of your motivation to join the Arne Naess research group.