Call for applications: Master's stipends on the politics of pandemics
Are you a University of Oslo masters student interested in the politics of pandemics?
The Global Health Politics research group at the Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM) will award one or more stipends of 30,000 NOK to a University of Oslo master's student wishing to write a thesis on the politics of pandemic preparedness and response in Norway or at the global level.
Ideally, the thesis should be aligned with our new projects focusing on public-private cooperation and the use of new technologies in the response, but we are also open to other relevant research topics. You can read more about our new projects here:
- Public-Private Cooperation in Pandemic Preparedness and Response
- The Smartphone Pandemic - one of the members of this project is last year’s successful Masters Stipend applicant, Eirik Bryhn Jacobsen.
Application deadline: Tuesday 7 December 2021
A stipend (30,000 NOK)
Assistance formulating the project and accessing informants and documents
Participation in project meetings with senior researchers at SUM
Regular feedback on masters’ research
Assistance disseminating your findings
Your application should include
- A provisional project outline of your master’s thesis (max 3 pages, 1.5 line distance), including research topic, theoretical approach/concepts, and methodology.
Short description (max 1 page) of your suitability and motivation for applying
CV, including transcript of grades
Confirmation of full-time enrollment in a masters programme at UiO
- Enrollment in a Master’s Programme at the University of Oslo, preferably within the social sciences, law or humanities;
- Interest in working within an interdisciplinary environment at SUM
Consent that the results of your master thesis and analysis may be used (with due credit) as part of the project’s dissemination work
Apply by Tuesday 7 December 2021