On 18 June 2020 Norwegian researchers and scholars founded the Norwegian Association of Latin American Studies (NALAS).
To get in contact with NALAS, write to: email@example.com
NALAS builds on the previous work of NorLARNet.
The articles of association state that the main objectives of NALAS are:
- to work for improved opportunities for study and research of Latin America in Norway
- to promote Latin American scholarship
- to support and promote the dissemination of research results
- to consolidate and strengthen cooperation between Norwegian and Latin American researchers, and Latinamericanists elsewhere in the world
- to enhance communication and cooperation with Nordic and international networks and organizations focused on Latin American studies and Research
Membership in NALAS is open for any “individuals interested in the promotion of research based knowledge about Latin America in Norway”.
The founding convention elected the first board of the association:
President: Kari Soriano Salkjelsvik, University of Bergen
Einar Braathen, OsloMet
Jorge Joaquín Locane, University of Oslo
Marcela Douglas; UiT The Arctic University of Norway
Yuri Kasahara, OsloMet