Latin America Focus
We focus on environmental governance, politics and economic development in Latin America.
Our research projects
- Globalization, political change and changing elites in Latin America
- Meat and Sustainability
- The business-peace agenda in practice
- Working Through Violence: SMEs and the SDGs in Fragile Urban Spaces (UrbanSMEs)
- Chinese Multilateralism and its Impact on Environmental and Democratic Governance in Africa and Latin America
- Human experiences with renewable energy and colonial politics
In English, Norwegian and Spanish
- Anna G. Sveinsdóttir, Mariel Aguilar-Støen and Benedicte Bull: Resistance, repression and elite dynamics: Unpacking violence in the Guatemalan mining sector Jan. 12, 2021
- Benedicte Bull and Francisco Sánchez: Élites y populistas: los casos de Venezuela y Ecuador Dec. 15, 2020
- Mariel Aguilar-Støen et al.: Tourism in Post-revolutionary Nicaragua. Struggles over Land, Water, and Fish Nov. 27, 2020
In June 2020 Norwegian researchers and scholars founded the Norwegian Association of Latin American Studies . Read about NALAS.
|Read about NorLARNet.||Visit NILAS.|