- Culture, ethics and sustainability
- Food and Sustainability
- Governance for Sustainable Development
- Poverty Reduction and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Power and politics in global health
- Rural transformations in the new century
- Sustainable consumption and energy equity
- The Politics of Nordic Generosity
Find Research Projects.
Find a researcher
Search for name or research topic keywords
SUM offers doctoral courses and an interdiciplinary Research School.
This spring SUM will initiate a series of lectures to be given by former students at the centre, focusing on how they have put academic research into practical use in their jobs.
Erica's research will be affiliated with the project Locative Technologies and the Human Sense of Place: A History of Spatial Literacy, 1800-202.
In 2020 SUM will offer more elective courses than ever before. Six of these will be intensive 5 credit courses.
- Arve Hansen and Jostein Jakobsen: Meatification and everyday geographies of consumption in Vietnam and China Jan. 28, 2020 10:44 AM
- Alexander Dunlap and Jostein Jakobsen: The Violent Technologies of Extraction: Political ecology, critical agrarian studies and the capitalist worldeater Jan. 22, 2020 2:06 PM