Global Health Politics
This research group brings together perspectives from anthropology, political science and development studies to examine the political dynamics and power structures that shape global health policy and practice.
About the group
The group aims to advance a critical social science research agenda on global health, through research projects focused on
- The transfer of health policies and evidence between global and local levels
- Civil society’s and other non-state actors' role within global health governance
- Epidemic preparedness and response
- Universal Health Coverage
- The political and social determinants of health
The research group hosts the Independent Panel on Global Governance for Health and convenes the Global Health Unpacked seminar series in collaboration with the University of Oslo's Centre for Global Health.
The group collaborates with the project group of the ERC-funded Universal Health Coverage and the Public Good in Africa project.
The Research Group convenes a Network for Social Science in Norwegian Global Health Research open to anyone interested in how social science perspectives can advance Norwegian global health research and policy.