Call for applications: Master stipend
Apply by 1 December for the Erik Blytt stipend for master students of NOK 3000,- per month.
Master student at UiO? Apply for the stipend by 1 December. Photo: Colourbox
Duties will include
- Assisting SUM's interdisciplinary Research School.
- Assisting during Doctoral Courses
- Organizing work in progress discussion seminars
- Assisting seminar and conference activities
- Research support
This will leave ample time for writing your master’s thesis, which should be on some theme of relevance to one of SUM's research areas/themes.
The recipient of the stipend will be given a shared office at SUM. The stipend, and the associated duties, will start from 1 January, 2019, and will continue for 6 – 12 months.
About the Erik Blytt Stipend
The stipend was established in memory of Erik Blytt, a former student and researcher at SUM.
- Be fluent in Norwegian
- Have a good knowledge of English
- Want to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Have started a Master's Programme at a department of the University of Oslo
Your application should include
- Project outline of your master’s thesis, including research topic, theoretical approach/concepts, and methodology.
- CV, including grades.
- Short description of your motivation for assisting SUM Research School.
Applications, either in English or Norwegian, are accepted from 1 November, 2018.
Application deadline: 1 December, 2018.
Questions, if any, can be directed to SUM Research School coordinator Jostein Jakobsen
About SUMs Research School
SUM Research School is designed to inspire and enhance PhD students' commitment and research by bringing our students together in a group of like-minded and engaged researchers, through both academic and social events.