SUM Research School provides PhD students with theoretical and practical experience with interdisciplinary research and contributes to career development for SUM’s postdocs. We work towards developing highly qualified researchers prepared for the international academic community.
We aim to:
- Provide critical and innovative perspectives within the field of development and the environment through an interdisciplinary approach
- Challenge dominant values within research – whether based on gender, culture or disciplinary orientation
- Cooperate closely with other departments at the University of Oslo, as well as international institutions within SUM’s research networks
- Prepare young researchers for different career paths, both within and outside academia
- Contribute to a more dynamic and open research environment by encouraging more interaction between academia and other societal sectors
- Provide high quality Ph.D. courses of international standard
We organize both academic and informal events where participants can meet and interact with like-minded and engaged professionals.