Elin coordinates several projects and groups, including:
- The PANPREP project, which explores how public-private cooperation became central to Norway’s approach to pandemic preparedness and response.
- The SMARTCOVID project, which looks at mobile technologies and data in the COVID-19 response.
- The Collective for the Political Determinants of Health
- The Global Health Unpacked seminar series.
Elin holds a MSc in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science from Lund University and a BA in Human Geography from the University of Oslo. Elin has previously worked four years as a Policy Officer at EAT, a non-profit organization working to transform the global food system. Her roles included:
- Leading EAT`s involvement in CO-CREATE, an EU Horizon 2020 research project aiming to reduce overweight and obesity among adolescents through youth-led policy co-creation.
- Coordinating EAT`s partnership with UNICEF focusing on how food systems can provide all children with adequate and nutritious food within planetary boundaries.
- Contributing to EAT`s engagements in the Asia-Pacific, including the launch of the report from the EAT-Lancet Commission in Jakarta, the EAT Asia-Pacific Food Forum, and a follow-up roundtable discussion in collaboration with the University of Indonesia and other local partners.
Elin has also worked for Young Friends of the Earth Europe, a network of youth organizations working for social and environmental justice, and for the Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response, where she supported the development of an authoritative chronology of COVID-19 related events, actions, and recommendations from December 2019 to March 2020.