- The Norwegian energy industry in Africa
- Norad's Oil for Development (OfD) program
- Conflict and collaboration between civil society and the petroleum industry
- Appalachia's "shale boom," with a particular focus on Norwegian and European involvement
- Historical discourse analysis and rhetoric
Contemporary historian focused on the intersection of Norwegian aid policy, civil society, and commercial energy interests in the Global South. My doctoral project, Big Oil and Troubled Waters: Corporate Interests, Civil Society, and the Forging of a Norwegian Energy Discourse in Tanzania (1970-2020), takes an in-depth look at how corporate, civil society, and state interests leveraged discursive influence to shape the evolution of Tanzania's energy sector from 1970 to 2020.
- Master’s degree in peace and conflict studies, University of Oslo. Thesis: The New Middle Way: The Confluence of Petroleum and the Environment in Official Norwegian Discourses on the High North (2018).
- Bachelor's degree in political science, Indiana University Bloomington
- Fjellberg, Anders. "Ber om store endringer i olje-bistand." E24, October 23, 2020.