Kristi Anne Stølen
Phone +47 22858980
Visiting address Sandakerveien 130 Bygg 2 0484 OSLO
Postal address Postboks 1116 Blindern 0317 OSLO
- Thematic: Gender, ethnicity, power and violence, migration
- Regional: Latin America
- Stølen’s current research project focuses on gender and agricultural change in Argentina in view of the rapid expansion of gene modified organisms in agriculture. The project is part of a longitudinal study of agrarian change among farmers in Argentina, started in 1973 and continued in 1988, covering processes of transformation since the first Italian immigrants settled in the area in the 1880s. The present project focuses on the last two decades, and the local impact of the expansion of the new biological technologies.
- Stølen was the director of the Center for Development and the Environment, UiO, from 2007 - June 2017.
- She holds a Dr. Philos. in Social Anthropology from the University of Oslo.
- She has been at SUM since 1990, first as a senior researcher (1990-1993), then as a national coordinator for Social Science Research on Latin America (1993-96) and from 1996 as a professor.
- She has been a research fellow and researcher at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (1977-1985),
- Advisor on Women in Development in NORAD (1987-1988).
- In 1976-77 and in 1983 Stølen worked at the Catholic University and the Centro de Planificación y Estudios Sociales in Quito
- In 2003 at Centro de Estudios de Estado y Sociedad in Buenos Aires.
- From 1998 to 2000 Stølen was the coordinator of a teaching and research programme of collaboration between the University of Oslo and the University of San Carlos, Guatemala City.
- Stølen has comprehensive field research experience from Argentina, Ecuador, Guatemala and Zambia and has participated in consultancy work in a number of countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
- Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires
- IDES, Instituto de Desarrollo Económico y Social, Buenos Aires
Published Sep. 21, 2011 2:09 PM - Last modified Sep. 21, 2021 2:25 PM