My research interests include the intersection of psychology and development policy and practice, neoliberal subjectivities, gender-relations, power structures, knowledge production, language and discursive negotiations. My specific research focus on promoting an understanding of how maternal and reproductive health policies transfer between the global-, national- and local levels, and how these alterations have consequences for people subjected to and dependent on these policies. The regional focus of the study is Malawi.
- Norm-critical approaches to psychology
- Sexual, reproductive and maternal health
- Language, gender relations and power structures
- Global health policy making
- Interdisciplinary research
- Administrative and Scientific Coordinator, LEVE – Livelihoods in Developing Countries, University of Oslo
- Research Assistant, Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo
- Research Assistant, LEVE – Livelihoods in Developing Countries, University of Oslo
- Master degree in Cultural- and Societal Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo
- LEVE-fellow, Centre for Development and the Environment
- Bachelor in Culture and Communication, University of Oslo
- Exchange student, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Adolfsson, Johanna & Madsen, Ole Jacob (2019). “Nowadays there is gender”: “Doing” global gender equality in rural Malawi. Theory & psychology. ISSN 0959-3543. s 1- 21 . doi: 10.1177/0959354319879507 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Adolfsson, Johanna (2019). “Moving forward together”: International individualism meets local communalism when discussing empowerment and development with rural Malawians.
- Adolfsson, Johanna (2019). SUM-Forum: "Negotiating Girl Power: empowering women and girls to build sustainable livelihoods".
- Adolfsson, Johanna (2019). Spiritual insecurity and political power.
- Adolfsson, Johanna (2019). The Philosophy of Nudge and the Psychology of Consumption.
- Kloster, Maren Olene & Adolfsson, Johanna (2019). Kvinnen - en smart investeringsmulighet. Fett. ISSN 1504-1921. s 36- 39
- Adolfsson, Johanna (2018). Diskurs- og narrativ analyse.
- Adolfsson, Johanna (2018). "There is no gender in this car!": Psychological Concepts Constructing the Global Development Agenda.
- Adolfsson, Johanna & Madsen, Ole Jacob (2018). 'Nowadays there is gender': 'doing' global gender policy in rural Malawi'.