My research has for many years been focused on policy instrument to transform towards a low emission society. I have both studied households’ practices and municipalities work with climate and environmental issues. My research is solution oriented and are carried out in close collaboration with societal actors (co-production of knowledge). I am part of Include – a Research Center on socially inclusive energy transition, where I lead the work on municipalities as change agents. I have published extensively on the issue over the years, have led many research projects and in addition served as a research director at CICERO for more than ten years.
Selected former projects
- Shareon - sharing economy - motivation, barriers and climate effects, RCN 2017-20.
- Urban contractual agreements, RCN 2016-19
- Potential and barriers towards municipal climate policy, Norwegian Environment Agency 2017-18.
- Local Quality, KS 2015-16.
- Power from the People? Driving forces and hindrances, RCN 2015-18. .
- Climate emission and energy use planning at the local level: Top-down directives and bottom-up response, RCN 2012-15
- Energy savings - From Regulation to Realisation (ESPARR), RCN, 2012-15
- Do customer information programs influence energy consumption? RCN, 2009-2012
Current and former positions
- FME-coordinator and senior researcher, University of Oslo (2020 - )
- Research Director and senior researcher at CICERO – Center for International Climate Research (2000 - 2020)
- Board Member TIK - Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture (2019 - )