Ann Louise Lie
- Global food and nutrition governance
- Global health
- Global governance
- Multi-stakeholder partnerships
- International political economy
My current research focuses on the role of multi-stakeholder collaborations/partnerships within global nutrition governance, looking specifically on how such collaborations influence democratic norms and practices within public nutrition governance. Through a case study of the "Scaling Up Nutrition" (SUN) Movement, I am exploring the relative power and influence of private and public partners within the movement in terms of agenda setting, decision making and policy development - both globally and nationally in Tanzania.
- Coordinator, The Lancet - University of Oslo Panel on Global Governance for Health, SUM, UiO (2014 - )
- Coordinator and research assistant, The Lancet - University of Oslo Commission on Global Governance for Health, Institute of Health and Society, UiO (2011 - 2014)
- MSc in Public Policy and Human Development, Maastricht Graduate School of Governance, Maastricht University (2010-2011), the Netherlands
- Intern, The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Paris, France (2010)
- Intern, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Brazzaville, The Republic of Congo (2009)
- Exchange student, Sciences Po, Paris, France (2007 - 2008)
- BA in Politics and International Studies, University of Warwick, UK (2005 - 2009)
Lie, Ann Louise (2019). Power in global nutrition governance a critical analysis of the establishment of the scaling up nutrition (SUN) partnership. Global Governance: A Review of Multilateralism and International Organizations. ISSN 1075-2846. 25(2), p. 277–303. doi: 10.1163/19426720-02502006. Full text in Research Archive
Ottersen, Ole Petter; Dasgupta, Jashodhara; Blouin, Chantal; Buss, Paulo Marchiori; Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Frenk, Julio [Show all 24 contributors for this article] (2014). The political origins of health inequity: Prospects for change. The Lancet. ISSN 0140-6736. 383(9917), p. 630–667. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736%2813%2962407-1.
Lie, Ann Louise & Granheim, Sabrina Ionata De Oliveira (2017). Multistakeholder Partnerships in Global Nutrition Governance: Protecting Public Interests? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. ISSN 0029-2001. 137(22). doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.17.0627.
Gopinathan, Unni; Danielsen, Lotte & Lie, Ann Louise (2012). Why a Youth Commission on Global Governance for Health? The Lancet. ISSN 0140-6736. 380(9839), p. 338–339.