Climate and the environment
The Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM) has worked for years to be climate and environment friendly through the Miljøfyrtårn (Eco-Lighthouse) certification.
SUM is currently working on a strategy for climate and the environment that is due this spring and has defined these tasks in the 2020 annual plan:
- Prioritising telephone and video conferences, climate friendly travel and reduction of carbon emissions from air travel by at least 10% in 2020.
- Organising a cChange workshop as a process tool in the development of a strategy for climate and the environment.
- Organising video lectures for collaborating institutions.
- Requesting environmentally friendly products and choosing such products though the university’s purchasing agreements regardless of price.
- Give advice to the other units at the university regarding new purchasing agreements, making sustainability a subject in teaching, and more.