The following is a list of works published that are relevant to the Human Rights and Extreme Poverty project.
- Banik, Dan (Ed., 2011). The Legal Empowerment Agenda: Poverty, Labour and the Informal Economy in Africa
- Banik, Dan (2010). Poverty and Elusive Development
- 'Poverty and Rights: The Impact of Human Rights-Based Approaches to Development in Malawi', International Journal of Human Rights (2009).
- 'Human Rights-based Approaches and Food Policy', in S. Marks, B. Andreassen and A. Sengupta (eds.), Poverty and Human Rights: Economic Perspectives, Oxford: Oxford University Press (2009).
- 'Human Rights and Extreme Poverty: African Perspectives' (with B. A. Andreassen) International Journal of Human Rights (2009).
- 'How can Democracy and Human Rights Ensure Freedom from Hunger', Norwegian Foreign Minister's Task Force on Norwegian interests and foreign policy goals in a changing world (2008).
- Banik, Dan (2007). Starvation and India’s Democracy. Routledge.
- Banik, Dan (2008). Rights and Legal Empowerment in Eradicating Poverty. Ashgate Publishing Limited.
- Banik, Dan (2006). Poverty, Politics and Development: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. Bergen Fagbokforlaget.