Call for Applications: Three Arne Næss stipends in 2018
Apply for master student stipend! Application deadline 7 January 2018.
The Arne Næss Programme at Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM), University of Oslo, has the pleasure to announce three Arne Næss stipends for master students who work on philosophical, ethical and legal dimensions of socio-environmental challenges of our time. The stipends - which amount to NOK 3000 per month (excl. July) - stipulate a 10 months’ attachment to the Centre.
The Arne Næss stipends are part of the Arne Næss Programme on Global Justice and the Environment, and are designed to animate the humanist research on the environment and development at SUM.
The application deadline is 7 January 2018. A list of successful candidates will be announced by 12 January. The stipend, and the associated duties, will start from 1 February 2018. Recipients of the AN stipend will be given a desk at SUM.
What do we expect from the applicants?
- The candidates must be master students at the University of Oslo and have good knowledge of English;
- They will constitute a research group at SUM and meet regularly at the Arne Næss colloquia. The latter include presentations of one’s own work, critical engagement with the work of SUM colleagues, and discussions of assigned readings;
- The grant-holders will assist in organizing the annual Arne Næss Symposium;
- They are encouraged to take the course on Environmental Humanities (SUM4030) at SUM;
- They are invited to be part of the advisory group of the Arne Næss Programme and attend its meetings.
Applications should include:
- 2 pages’ project outline, including short description of research topic and main objectives;
- 1 page CV;
- Transcript of records;
- Brief description (no more than one page) of your motivation to join the Arne Naess research group.
Applications and inquiries should be sent to Knut Myrum Næss: firstname.lastname@example.org