PhD course: From Scarcity to Access and Rights: Changing Perspectives on Food Insecurity
The principal objective of the course is to critically review different approaches to food insecurity, which will enable doctoral students to understand key poverty-related concepts and approaches that are currently widespread and influential among major international and national development agencies.
- Dan Banik, Associate Professor and Research Director, Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo
- Marc J. Cohen, Senior Researcher, Humanitarian Policy, Oxfam America, Washington DC
- Polly Ericksen, Senior Scientist, International Livestock Research Institute, Kenya
- Ruth Haug, Professor, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- George Kent, Professor Emeritus, Department of Political Science, University of Hawaii