Maren Olene Kloster
- Global Health
- Reproductive Health
- Health Systems
- Global health policy making
- Global Governance
My current research explores the changing role, and increasing prominence, of international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in global health governance. Through an in-depth case study of one international NGO’s effort to adapt and implement global maternal health policy in Malawi, the project will enhance understanding of how policy ideas and knowledge transfer between local, national, and global levels.
This research project is a sub-study in the GLOBVAC funded research project “NGOs and the transfer of global maternal health policies”. The project is a collaboration between Centre for Development and the Environment at the University of Oslo, Norway, Centre for Social Research at Chancellor College, University of Malawi, and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK.
- Research Assistant, Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo
- Research Assistant, LEVE – Livelihoods in Developing Countries, University of Oslo
- Master degree in Culture, Environment and Sustainability at the Center for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo
- Kloster, Maren Olene & Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi (2017). An alliance of invisible partners: international actors’ legitimacy seeking practices in the Malawian abortion law reform.
- Kloster, Maren Olene; Thomsen, Yvonne; Kvernflaten, Birgit & Aguilar-Støen, Mariel (2017). Hadde hun 'the time of her life'? Dirty Dancing og retten til trygg abort .
- Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi & Kloster, Maren Olene (2017). A struggle for legitimacy – international NGOs’ role in liberalising Malawi’s abortion law.
- Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi; Palmer, Jennifer J; Kloster, Maren Olene & Daire, Judith (2017). Working “behind the scenes”: international NGOs’ role in the global-national transfer of safe abortion policy.
- Kloster, Maren Olene (2016). IPAS: an invisible change agent in the Malawian abortion law reform?.
- Kloster, Maren Olene & Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi (2016). A struggle for legitimacy – liberalizing the abortion law in Malawi.
- Roalkvam, Sidsel; Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi; Chunga, Joseph; Mvua, Peter; Pot, Hanneke; Kloster, Maren Olene & Chinsinga, Blessings (2016). NGOs and the transfer of global maternal health policies .
- Kloster, Maren Olene (2015). Producing Evidence. The Role of NGOs in Health Development.
- Kloster, Maren Olene (2013). Policy Shifts in Norwegian Development Assistance for Health. A Contextual Analysis.
- Kloster, Maren Olene (2012). Policy Shifts in Norwegian Development Assistance for Health. A contextual analysis.