Celine Motzfeldt Loades
Doctoral thesis submitted to Department of Social Anthropology in 2017. Awaiting doctoral defence.
- Perceptions and cultural constructions of heritage
- Critical Heritage Studies
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Tangible and intangible culture
- Cultural constructions of culture, nature, identities
- Responsible tourism (heritage-, cultural-, eco-, geo-, pro-poor tourism)
- Sustainable urban development
- The potential of heritage in sustainable development
- The transition to sustainable, green cities and the human and cultural dimensions in fostering change
- Globalization and localization processes
- The 'Slow Movement' (Slow Food, Slow Time, Citta Slow (slow cities), sustainable cities, 'short-traveled food')
- Cultural perceptions of quality of life
- The anthropology of arts, crafts, architecture and aesthetics
- International organizations (UNESCO, ICCROM, ICOMOS)
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Southeast Europe (Croatia, the Balkans)
- The Mediterranean (Italy)
Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM):
- SUM 4019 - 'Consumption, Sustainability and Social Change' (seminar leader)
- SUM4011A - Research Methods (I) (seminar leader, lecturer)
- SUM4011B - Research Methods (II) (seminar leader, lecturer)
- SUM4012 - Cross-Cultural Perspectives on the Environment (seminar leader)
University of Dubrovnik, Croatia:
- Guest lecturer, 2012. 'The Anthropology of the Media' (seminar leader, lecturer, self-constructed course at BA level, Department of Mass Communication)
Ph.D., Center for Development and the Environment (SUM), University of Oslo. Doctoral thesis: The Wall in our Minds - Negotiating Heritage in Post-war Croatia. Ph.D. thesis submitted to Department of Social Anthropology in 2017. Awaiting doctoral defence.
- Master’s degree in Social Anthropology, University of Oslo (2005). MA thesis on the Citta Slow (Slow Cities) movement in Italy.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Anthropology and Communication Studies, Goldsmiths College, University of London (2002)
- 2007-2008: Research administration at ARENA - Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo (economy/information executive)
- 2006: Central administration, the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo (information executive)
- Member of the editorial board, Journal of Urban Culture Research (peer reviewed journal)
- Member of the international, interdisciplinary research network, Urban Culture Plaza - Network for Urban Culture Research. Contributed to extending the network to the Balkans in 2014.
- Co-arrangor of a conference series at the Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, Croatia: The Role of Universities in Sustainable Urban Cultural Development (2017), Cities at Risk - From Humiliation to Dignity (2016) and Urban Cultures at the Crossroads (2015)
- University of Dubrovnik, Croatia (Department of Mass Communication, Department of Art and Restoration)
- University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Institute of Ethnology and Folklore Research (IEF), Zagreb, Croatia
- Loades, Celine Motzfeldt (2016). Contested Places and Ambivalent Identities – Social Change and Development in UNESCO Enlisted Dubrovnik. Journal of Urban Culture Research. ISSN 2228-8279. Volume 12, s 20- 37 . doi: 10.14456
- Loades, Celine Motzfeldt (2012). A Beautiful Burden? Identity Constructions in a Post-War Heritage City, In Kenneth Bo Nielsen & Kristian Bjørkdahl (ed.), Development and Environment: Practices, Theories, Policies. Akademisk Forlag. ISBN 9788232100330. 9. s 155 - 171
- Loades, Celine Motzfeldt (2005). Loades, C, 2005, Tempo Giusto - Slow Cities and the Revitalization of Locality in the Age of Globalization.