- International Political Economy
- Comparative Political Economy
- Latin American Politics
- Development studies
Antulio's work relates to the political economy of resource extraction. His research interests centre on the changing modalities of state treatment of foreign investment in resource industries, considering the emergence of new actors and trends in the global economy. Focusing on the critical case of Venezuela, Antulio's post-doctoral project at SUM deals with the dramatic expansion of Venezuela's extractive frontier through large-scale mining south of the Orinoco river. This case allows conceptualizing the interplay of indigenous demands, foreign investors' interests and state policy in the midst of the downturn in commodity markets and a deep economic crisis.
- PSCI-300 Foundations of Political Economy (University of Waterloo, 2014-2015).
- IP 612 Earth Governance: The politics and law of environmental policy (Wilfrid Laurier University 2017)
Antulio holds a PhD in Global Governance from the University of Waterloo and the Balsillie School of International Affairs. His PhD thesis centred on the historical evolution of state treatment of Foreign Investment in the oil sector of Venezuela and Ecuador, integrating insights from Obsolescing Bargaining Models (OBM) and constructivist literature. He has also published on the contributions of Latin American intellectual history to development and International Political Economy thought as well as regional integration mechanisms.
- Ontario Trillium Scholar (2012-2016)
- Trent University UWC Scholar (2001-2005)
- Post-doctoral fellow, Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo.
- Adjunct professor, Department of Political Science, University of Waterloo (2014, 2015).
- Adjunct professor, Master in International Public Policy, Wilfrid Laurier University (2017).
- Helleiner, Eric & Rosales, Antulio (2017). Towards Global IPE: The Overlooked Significance of the Haya-Mariátegui Debate. International Studies Review. ISSN 1521-9488. . doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/isr/vix034
- Rosales, Antulio (2017). Contentious nationalization and the embrace of the developmental ideals: Resource nationalism in the 1970s in Ecuador. The Extractive Industries and Society. ISSN 2214-790X. 4(1), s 102- 110 . doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.exis.2016.12.007
- Rosales, Antulio (2017). Venezuela’s Deepening Logic of Extraction. NACLA REPORT ON THE AMERICAS. ISSN 1071-4839. 49(2), s 132- 135 . doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10714839.2017.1331794
- Rosales, Antulio (2016). Deepening extractivism and rentierism: China’s role in Venezuela’s Bolivarian developmental model. Revue canadienne d'études du développement / Canadian Journal of Development Studies. ISSN 0225-5189. 37(4), s 560- 577 . doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02255189.2016.1208605
- Rosales, Antulio (2013). Going Underground: the political economy of the ‘left turn’ in South America. Third World Quarterly. ISSN 0143-6597. 34(8), s 1443- 1457 . doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01436597.2013.831538
- Rosales, Antulio (2013). The Banco del Sur and the Return to Development. Latin American perspectives. ISSN 0094-582X. 40(5), s 27- 43 . doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0094582X13492128
- Rosales, Antulio (2012). De la crisis asiática a la crisis inmobiliaria: los debates actuales sobre la arquitectura financiera internacional. Problemas del Desarrollo. ISSN 0301-7036. 163(41), s 32- 51